Dental Implants in Oakville
Missing teeth can be a major problem for your oral health and appearance. Not only do missing teeth make it difficult to eat and speak properly, but they can also lead to other dental problems.
If you are missing one or more teeth, it is important to replace them as soon as possible and dental implants Oakville is one of the best ways to do this.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a small metal post that is inserted into the jawbone to replace a missing tooth. The metal post acts as a new “root” for the tooth, providing a strong and stable foundation for the new tooth.
There are many benefits of dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, so they can greatly improve your appearance.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants do not require the reduction of adjacent teeth, as is often necessary with bridges. Additionally, because dental implants fuse to the jawbone, they help to preserve bone mass and prevent deterioration of the jawbone.
- Increased comfort: Dental implants are more comfortable than dentures, and they do not slip or click as dentures can.
- Improved speech: Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth will slip or move.
- Enhanced chewing ability: Dental implants restore your ability to chew properly, so you can eat the foods you love again.
- Durability: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants Oakville?
Candidates for dental implants must have healthy gums and adequate bones to support the implant. They must also be committed to maintaining good oral hygiene and visiting the dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings.
If bone density is a concern for you, there are options available to help make tooth implant a possibility. A bone graft can be used to add bone mass to the jawbone, making it strong enough to support an implant.
If you are missing one or more teeth and would like to improve your oral health and appearance, call Phelan Dental about dental implant service in Oakville today.
We'll assess your unique needs and advise on how to best restore and strengthen your smile!
Get In Touch With Us About Dental Implant Service Oakville
- Restore your smiling confidence
- Improve your oral health and overall well-being
- Eat what you like again and improve your nutritional intake
- Prevent shifting in teeth surrounding an extraction
- Prioritize your smile!